cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User Questions re Accepting Invites

Southernwave
Listener

Sorry .. but two new user question to do with accepting invitations. I use OUTLOOK 2019, GOOGLE CALENDAR and WINDOWS 10.

When I accept a Zoom Invite the invite goes straight to my trash folder.. and then vanishes when the trash gets emptied.

The invite does not show up in my GOOGLE calendar.. 

Can I fix  it so the invite stays in my inbox, just marked ad read.. and appear asa meeting in my GOOGLE calendar ?

Many thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Southernwave, is the invitation a .ics file? With that, you can save this to your local calendar on Windows (Mail). For setting up Google Calendar to your Zoom desktop client, you can further look into Setting up calendar and contacts integration for the desktop client, which will help you get this integrated to create meetings from Google Calendar! Also, check out the Microsoft Outlook plugin (desktop), which will take you through the steps of getting your Outlook setup! Let me know if you have any questions on the way! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

domlau
Listener

Just also want to add my two cents...

From what you describe, you're using Outlook for mail and Google for your calendar.  What you are experiencing is the normal behavior for Outlook.  The calendar invite in your Outlook inbox actually gets moved to your Outlook calendar (not Google Calendar) and then gets deleted from your inbox.  

Outlook and Google Calendar do not synchronize natively which is why you're not seeing the invite in Google Calendar.  There are a few options to get this to work the way you want to.  Check out this link which describes how to synchronize Outlook with Google Calendar:  https://www.alphr.com/how-to-sync-outlook-calendar-with-google-calendar/

I hope this provides some insight.  Good luck!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @domlau, I'm sorry for the confusion! I meant the local Calendar application for Windows. But yes, you're correct. Personally, I favor Google Calendar over Outlook, however, your findings may help @Southernwave to what they're looking for! 😀

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!