cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My boss's name appears instead of the person I am meeting with.

Toni6
Listener

Hi there. I created a zoom to meet with my director today, but when she came on the call, it showed our owners name. She said that everytime she creates a zoom, it shows her name, but when anyone else creates a zoom and invites her that it shows the owners name. Any idea why this is happening or how to fix it? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Humashankar
Community Champion | Customer

HI @Toni6 

Can you please refer this article and see if this helps you - Changing your name on Zoom

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Huma

Thank you so  much for your reply. I appreciated the articles you sent. I may have missed something but I don't believe that any of them addressed the issue that we are experiencing. We know how to change the name of zoom. The problem is why does it default to her name when she creates a zoom, but automatically defaults to our boss's name when someone else creates it? She can obviously change it once the meeting has started, but it's just an annoying little glitch we were hoping to fix. LOL Thanks!

Humashankar

Hi @Toni6 

It's possible your company uses a Directory Service integration with Zoom.
This would automatically populate the host name based on email addresses.
If your boss's email is listed as the primary contact for your colleague, it might explain why their name shows up

Regards

Huma

Ok perfect, that might be it, thank you! How would I fix it? 

Humashankar

Hi @Toni6 

@You have to reach out to your admin on that part.

If you have the complete admin privileges, I can refer you some articles to get this verified.

Regards

Huma

Yes, please send if you can. Thank you