cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music audio cuts in and out but speaker audio doesn't

JonathanBacon
Listener

We're using Zoom to record and then post to YouTube our live worship services. We're using vMix software, controller, and soundboard to manage two cameras plus the Zoom desktop. For the past several weeks, the music audio (choir, congregational singing, organ, and piano) cuts in and out every few seconds. That does not happen with the spoken word. Any ideas on what may be causing the issue? We've tried settings for original sound both on and off as well as trying other settings such as Stereo Sound, noise suppression, echo cancellation, and so on. Nothing seems to fix the issue. Ideas!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JonathanBacon
Listener

Well, we did identify the problem. It was a faulty sound output adapter. Just thought I'd post so folks would know it was not a Zoom software issue but a hardware issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JonathanBacon
Listener

Well, we did identify the problem. It was a faulty sound output adapter. Just thought I'd post so folks would know it was not a Zoom software issue but a hardware issue.

Ancient-Wisdom
Listener

I am having a similar issue, only the music is coming from my computer.  You can hear the music as long as I am speaking, but it breaks up every time I pause.  It's awful.  I made a different video a couple of weeks ago, but there was no problem that time.  What are the correct settings for this?  Many Thanks.

I have a very similar problem..  I teach virtual group fitness and many times they can either hear me or the music, not both.   It goes through a mixer before going to zoom and I am using a microphone but the problem continues!

KHP
Listener

I have similar problem, but only on Dell AIO computer (2 new computers, Win 11).  the music on shared video sounds in garbled bits.  Any answers?