cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple cameras

Dudleian
Listener

For the last few months I have been hosting zoom sessions for my chorus and as we are now back to in person rehearsals I need to find a way to include those who are unable to attend but who would like to be included via zoom. I would like to provide these attendees with a two camera feeds, one of the singers and one focused on the music director; I have a paid account and run my zoom client via windows 10 - can anyone suggest a set-up that would suit my needs?

2 REPLIES 2

hmcgowen
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi! Awesome to hear you're getting back to in-person product and still including those who can't attend on Zoom.

Have you checked out the "Share Content from 2nd Camera" option? When in a meeting, click the Share Screen button, then the Advanced tab (up top), and you'll see this sharing choice.

When using this feature you can share your original video at the same time. So, for example, if I'm using a laptop and my video is being shown through the laptop's built-in camera, but I also have an external webcam connected, the webcam view will show when I choose 2nd camera. That webcam could potentially be attached to a simple tripod and pointed outward. The preferred video feed(s) could then be spotlighted for the attendees. Educators can use this method for a variety of demos!

You may also be interested to learn about Focus Mode . It's a little different from what you're looking for but still may be helpful. 

Hope this works for you!

Thanks for that. I want the zoom attendees to be able to view everything  was looking for something that allows for two cameras to be used simultaneously without the host having to switch between the two. Setting up a laptop camera to view the director and one to view the choir would be the preferred scenario.

As an alternative could I sign into my account using two separate devices with the sound muted on one so as to prevent feedback from the audio?