cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing recording

tracemedia
Listener

Hi - I just had a zoom meeting and recorded the session to my local drive. When logging into Zoom and navigating to the Local Recordings page, I can see the meeting, (it has already been converted) but when clicking to OPEN the recording, it does not exist on my hard drive.

I clicked the link as soon as the recording finished, so I know it hasn't been deleted. 

Thanks -- 

Chris

1 REPLY 1

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Chris, 

There are two ways that you can attempt to resolve this issue. One is go to this support article and run through the troubleshooting steps. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362753-Troubleshooting-local-recording-issues

The second is submit a support ticket to our team and they can attempt to help you restore the recording. Please note that if the hard drive corrupted this file there is a chance we will not be able to save it. I recommend that if you can record to the cloud and then download the file to your hard drive, then delete the cloud recording if you no longer need it on the cloud. Reason being is that if anything goes wrong in that process, it is on our servers and we can restore it for you quickly and easily. 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?