cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone's audio is garbled and faint. Audio for listening is fine. (Laptop)

Massachusetts
Listener

I have a new laptop with similar specs as my old laptop.  Both Win.7. Both Lenovo Thinkpad (SL510, new T530)

Use Zoom Basic on both.

My general audio is working fine on other Internet sites (youtube, etc.).  I haven't tried joining other Hosts' meetings and different platforms they have.

Old laptop with Zoom has worked fine since Zooming for 2 yrs.  New laptop- Audio/listening to others is fine.  But when I test Microphone my voice is garbled and choppy and faint. 

General audio on laptop for listening is working fine on other Internet sites (youtube, etc.).  I haven't tried joining other Hosts' meetings and different platforms yet, and don't want to wait to find out this doesn't work there either.

I've tried everything it seems. As follows-

I have 1) Uninstalled Zoom from ControlPanel-Programs.  Restart laptop.  Then re-install Zoom, with a new email address and account. (Although it seems to know my original email and account. I don't know how to delete that one and not sure I want to lose it.)   2)  I've reviewed all the setup features.  Re-test over and over.  Still same.  I even tried the two options I have for Zoom - "Same as System", and then another test with my "2Realtek HD" program.  Still same results.

Question:  I see in the Programs (in Control Panel) there is "Conexant" (an audio program?), and "NVIDIA audio driver" (and several other NVIDIA software) installed.  I don't know if I need those.  But could they be interfering and causing this conflict in Zoom??

What to do?

I appreciate the instruction or advice.  Thank you!

Massachusetts

0 REPLIES 0