cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone dropping mid call

Pillar
Listener

Hi

I am really hoping you can help me as this is driving me crazy!!

I have used Zoom for calls / joined external Zoom calls for a years and never had any issues.  In the last few weeks my microphone keeps dropping mid call and no one can hear me. 

I am not logged into my account when it happens I am joining an external call so just use the link to join, I mute and unmute the call but no luck and I've even tried leaving the call and then joining again but this also doesn't work.  The calls start off fine and then a few minutes in just stops working.   I can hear people on the call they just can't hear me. 

I am using windows and have checked the microphone settings and it says no problems found, seems to work fine and permissions are on to allow apps to use the microphone.  What else can I try as I need this for work and I can't find any help from Zoom directly. 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Pillar thank you for posting for the first time and welcome to the Zoom Community!

First of all, I totally get how frustrating that must be, and I'm sorry you're dealing with this microphone issue during your calls. Since you're using Windows and have made sure everything's set up correctly on your end, here are a few more things you could consider trying:

1. Browser Check: If you're joining calls through a web browser, make sure it's up to date. Sometimes, outdated browsers can lead to these kinds of hiccups.

2. Internet Connection: A stable internet connection is crucial for smooth Zoom calls. Even a slight drop in connectivity can cause audio issues. If possible, try a different network or restart your router.

3. Zoom App: Although you're joining external calls, you might want to ensure your Zoom app is updated to the latest version. Even for external calls, the app can play a role in how the call is handled.

4. Microphone Test: Before joining any call, do a quick test on your microphone. Sometimes, it might help to disconnect and reconnect your microphone before starting the call.

5. Try a Different Device: If you have access to another device, like a smartphone or another computer, see if the issue persists there. This could help determine if it's related to your device or a more general issue.

Keep me updated!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi Carla 

Thanks for the tips, I have followed them as suggested and fingers crossed my next call has no problems. 

Thanks again