cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone Not Picking Up but can they hear me?

Sayochan
Listener

I have a red exclamation point (!) on my microphone and it states to test my microphone. I'm testing the microphone in settings. According to the bars, it is being picked up but I can't hear anything. Sound is on. 

Can the others on Zoom hear me despite my microphone acting up? I'm on the latest version of Zoom (Zoom 5.17.2 on Windows 11 iirc)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RakeshPrabhu
Listener

One this happened same in my Steam setting while i was playing Dota. But in Zoom well i can tell you the specifily why your microphone is not picking up sound on Zoom, but others can hear you, there could be several reasons for this issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Make sure your microphone is selected as the default input device in your computer's settings.
In Zoom, go to "Settings" > "Audio" and ensure that the correct microphone is selected in the microphone dropdown menu.

Regards,
Admin
Godamwale | Inciflo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RakeshPrabhu
Listener

One this happened same in my Steam setting while i was playing Dota. But in Zoom well i can tell you the specifily why your microphone is not picking up sound on Zoom, but others can hear you, there could be several reasons for this issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Make sure your microphone is selected as the default input device in your computer's settings.
In Zoom, go to "Settings" > "Audio" and ensure that the correct microphone is selected in the microphone dropdown menu.

Regards,
Admin
Godamwale | Inciflo

Hi @Sayochan welcome to the community! I wanted to check in on @RakeshPrabhu's reply. Were you able to check to see if you had the correct microphone selected? There is also a Knowledge Base article on Testing audio before Zoom Meetings which maybe help you further test.

Zoom utilizes the available input from your Windows Device. For example, if you need to determine and change the default input device to test:

1. From your Windows Taskbar: right-click the speaker icon on your taskbar and select “Sounds” from the menu that appears.
2. In the “Sound” window, click the “Playback” tab to select your default speakers.
3. In the “Recording” tab, select your microphone.
4. Alternatively, you can open the Sound Settings screen by clicking on Start > Settings > System > Sound. Then, under the Input section, in the drop-down menu labeled Choose your input device, select the microphone you want to use as the system default.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!