cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my meeting end if it runs over the end time?

katmh21
Listener

As an example, I have a meeting set up from 9am-3pm. If the meeting runs over until 3:30pm or 4pm, is that going to be problematic? Will the meeting just stop at 3pm or can it continue to go on? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DBlankenship
Listener

Meeting times are just place holders for calendars to block the allotted time for the meeting.  The Zoom meeting will continue to to run until the host of the meeting ends the meeting.  The host can also transfer the host rights to another participant in the meeting and then leave without disrupting the meeting.

In your example, the meeting would continue to run from 9 to when ever the meeting host leaves the meeting.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DBlankenship
Listener

Meeting times are just place holders for calendars to block the allotted time for the meeting.  The Zoom meeting will continue to to run until the host of the meeting ends the meeting.  The host can also transfer the host rights to another participant in the meeting and then leave without disrupting the meeting.

In your example, the meeting would continue to run from 9 to when ever the meeting host leaves the meeting.

rweston
Listener

Yesterday my conference rooms started ending the meeting right when the calendar block time ended.  Did zoom implement a change?  Once that calendar allotted time is up, they are cut off and can not rejoin. How do I disable that? 

gshavzin
Listener

I have seen this a few times in the last few weeks. There has to be something we can edit in settings now. I can't find it.