cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Local recording editing no permission editing message

ssacquah
Listener

I need help editing a local recording. When I try to trim I get a message indicating that I do not have permission to edit the video. Permission from who? Zoom? Please help.

8 REPLIES 8

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @ssacquah 

Can you provide a screenshot of the message you are receiving? Where is the message coming from? Zoom? some video editing software? 

I am having the same problem and just posted my concern too.  I've attached the screenshot of the error page that I got.  I would greatly appreciate your help.  

Thank you. I have resolved my issue through another means. I opened the recording with photos and was able to trim it that way. I will still like a resolution to my original issue if anyone has one 

Hi there! I'm glad you were able to complete the editing process.  I will try what you did, and hopefully, it will work.  Did you click on the pencil icon and then click on photos? I usually click pencil & trim.  Any feedback that you can provide is much appreciated.  The crazy thing about my situation is I am the only name on the account.  I am the owner and admin, so to get an error page that reads I don't have access does not add up.  

Once I open the video with photos, the icon with a pencil and picture or Ctrl E is video trim. When you click on it opens a trimmable version of your video, trim and save it. It saves it with the same name with trim added. It saves it at the same location as the original.

I tried that too, and I still cannot trim my video!  So frustrating... I do weekly webinars for my clients, so I've been doing this for months.  This is my 75th video, and just recently..one month, I got this error page.  After a few days, it eventually works, but this time it's been since Wed, and I can't get it to work.  Are you the only name on your account as well?  How are your settings set up? 

Yes, I am the only one on my account. My laptopā€™s setup is the default I believe. I donā€™t recall changing anything. I understand how frustrating it can be. 

I tried the same thing on my husbandā€™s laptop and the trim didnā€™t work. Iā€™m not sure what the difference is between my settings and his. He is also the only name on his account. 

Unfortunately, I did not take a screenshot however, Dmoore1 has the same issue and has posted a screenshot in response to my query. You can view that. Even though I have resolved my issue via another means, I will still like to get the solution for this particular problem. I assume the message is from zoom as I was trying to trim my recording using zoom.