cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an easy way to find a specific participant in a large meeting?

drotter
Listener

I am curious if anyone has this problem or knows of a good solution. I often host meetings with a large number of participants (100+) and sometimes people will use the chat feature to ask for things, such as to have screen sharing enabled, to be spotlighted, etc. I know users can raise their hand and that will bring their video to the top of the list. But sometimes they do not know how to raise their hand, or they simply won't do it, and I have to search through pages and pages of videos looking for their screen name so I can click on their video to provide whatever it is they need. This is very frustrating since I've already started an interaction with them in the chat, but the options when clicking on a username in the chat are very limited.

Is there some way to search for a specific user within a meeting so that their video can be brought up quickly? Or even a way to simply list all the users alphabetically so that I could find their video quickly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

At the top of the Participants window there is a search field that works great. It will very quickly filter down the list and when you see who you are looking for you can click the "..." button next to their name and select PIN to bring-up their video only on your screen.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ZoomTestKitchen

At the top of the Participants window there is a search field that works great. It will very quickly filter down the list and when you see who you are looking for you can click the "..." button next to their name and select PIN to bring-up their video only on your screen.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

I did not realize there was a search field for the participant list. This is very helpful, thank you!

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @drotter.

The response from @ZoomTestKitchen is exactly what I would have said!  I use this all the time to locate someone when the list is long. 

It’s not (yet) possible to change the order of the Participant list. Plus alphabetical ordering isn’t that helpful when you only know last names or when people don’t put their own/real names in.  

Knowing more about the order used by default might be helpful. See the Order of participants listed in a Zoom meeting section of this Zoom Support article for details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005759423-Managing-Participants-in-a-Meeting

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !