cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invitations sent after setting up a meeting not working

Dee8
Listener

I am sending invitations through the app after setting up a meeting. When participants try to join they are told a meeting is in progress and I don’t see their name in the waiting room.  Everything was working fine until about a month ago.  I have deleted the app, reinstalled and have a new user name - no improvement. What to do?

5 REPLIES 5

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Dee8 

Please make sure the meeting you are in matches the meeting you sent out the invite for. Easy way make sure you are in the same meeting as them is to use the same link you sent them. 

If you are already in the meeting and want to check the ID of the meeting, click the little green shield icon in the top-left corner of the meeting window. There you can see the meeting ID you are in, and can compare that to the meeting ID in the invite you sent out. 

Have done all of that.  Three weeks ago it worked perfectly now a complete pain.

Bort

Its hard to know what the issue is without getting into more specifics. I would start looking at the invite they are using, ensure that meeting is still active on your account, and potentially scheduling a new meeting to see if that works. 

I’m afraid I have tried that.  As I have said I am doing nothing different to three weeks or so ago when everything worked perfectly.  

diabur
Listener

I have had the same issue. I send out an invite copying the meeting link, and then send a reminder or invite to those having difficulty getting into the meeting, and they are told the link in invalid. It is very frustrating and makes me look unprofessional to our constituents.