cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet speed get lower when connect to zoom

RishieRuween
Listener

My laptop internet speed decrease to  11 Mbps from  100Mbps when I connect to zoom. please help to resolve this problem.

3 REPLIES 3

ShawnSpencer
Listener

Same problem here: I have an iMac and a logi-cam as well as a 10 GB fiber internet. Inhouse I have 1 GB LAN.

When I use zoom the speed drops down on connectivity speed form 1 GB to 100 mb (seen on the web interface of theGS108Tv3 8-Port Gigabit Smart Managed Pro Switch).

The Switch is connected via LAN to the Computer.

That happens only when I use zoom - all other programs work well.

I have updated drivers, changed cables - the whole nine yards ...

Any help would be highly appreciated

debdaufeldt
Listener

I have the exact same problem.  When I launch a new Zoom meeting, my internet speed drops by 30X, from 240MBPS/12MBPS to 8Mbps/4Mbps. 

The only way I found to restore internet speed is to delete the Zoom files from Task Manager.  But, when I start another Zoom meeting, internet speeds tank again as soon as Zoom connects to the servers.  The only way to get Zoom meeting speeds back up to where they belong is to reboot my Lenovo laptop.

Has anyone found a fix for this?  I've been working with Zoom Tech Support for almost 2-months and nothing is fixing the issue.

Any help/insights would be greatly appreciated!

vatnid
Listener

I've been having the exact same issue! I'm on a 2020 Intel MacBook, and every time I'm in a Zoom call my internet speed drops from around 60 mbps to like 1.5 mbps and I keep disconnecting.