cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase video resolution in cloud recording?

david3
Listener

How to increase video resolution in cloud recording, just for one meeting? I don't need high resolution for other meetings. The current resolution is 640x360 for the Speaker View MP4 file. How do I get 1280x720 or better for Speaker View?

18 REPLIES 18

Humashankar
Participant

How to enable or disable the Meeting HD video setting

Note: HD video uses a higher amount of CPU and bandwidth (~2Mbps up/down). If you are experiencing network or CPU performance issues, you may want to disable use of HD video.

Account

To enable or disable HD video for meetings for all users in the account:

Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.

In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.
Click the Meeting tab.

Under In Meeting (Advanced), click the Meeting-HD Video Quality toggle to enable or disable it.

If a verification dialog appears, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.

If applicable for your account, select Standard HD (720p) or Full HD (1080p), then click Save.

(Optional) To prevent all users in the account from changing this setting, click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting.

Group
To enable or disable HD video for meetings for a group of users:

Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit groups.
In the navigation menu, click User Management then Groups.
Click the applicable group name from the list.
Click the Meeting tab.
Under In Meeting (Advanced), click the Meeting-HD Video Quality toggle to enable or disable it.
If a verification dialog appears, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
Note: If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at the account level and needs to be changed at that level.
If applicable for your account, select Standard HD (720p) or Full HD (1080p), then click Save.
(Optional) To prevent all users in the group from changing this setting, click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm the setting.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further !!

Thank you very much and have a fantastic day!

Warm regards

Huma

Humashankar
Participant

Prerequisites for HD video for meetings
Standard HD (720p)
Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise account
Full-screen meeting window on Zoom desktop client
Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum version or higher
Zoom mobile app for Android or iOS: Global minimum version or higher

Full HD (1080p)
Business, Education, or Enterprise account
Setting must be enabled by Zoom Support
i7 Quad Core (physical core) CPU or higher
Zoom desktop client for Windows or macOS: Global minimum version or higher

Huma

Alna
Listener

I did all that & it still gives me only 640x360. Before this Tuesday, I always had 1920x1200. Have no idea what happened & how to get it back.

Humashankar
Participant

Hi @Alna 

Can you try this one - Enabling HD video for Zoom Meetings

Humashankar_0-1714684286365.png

Huma

I did it too. There no Save button now, but it does save the setting. I changed HD settings in web console & in the desktop app, but it doesn't help. The recording file is still 640x360. 

Humashankar
Participant

Great - Lets trouble shoot this by today - stay online.

Can you try latest version of the Zoom client - Updating Zoom to the latest version

Huma

Sure! I just installed the latest update - didn't help. Still small size

Humashankar
Participant

One more is try with -  recording layout to "Gallery View" with the below and see

Record gallery view and shared screen for a Zoom meeting | Zoom Pro | TC Technology Knowledge Base (...

Huma

Alna
Listener

Nothing still 

CindyW
Listener

I also have this issue. I can only get 640x360 on cloud recording. 1280x720 only works for local recording. I've tried all the settings too. 

Yes, same thing. And last week, everything was fine. I even disabled their AI thinking maybe it started to choose the resolution, but no - still doesn't work

Humashankar
Participant

Next is going to be a clean install Download Center for Zoom Apps and Plugins | Zoom

Please try and keep me posted

Huma

Alna
Listener

Installed & restarted my Mac Pro. Nothing

Humashankar
Participant

Hi @Alna - Thanks for trying all of them patiently and it is really strange - now it is time to take it to support team, as this could be specific issue, the basic troubleshoot didn't help well.

Huma

How do I do it? I tried to find where I can submit a ticket but I couldn't

I found it! Thank you for your help! I will keep you posted how it goes

They turned HD on for me. I tried it is now 1280x720. That's better than nothing. Before this Tuesday, I used to have 1920x1200. 

This is a link which I found with great deal of digging where I could submit my ticket: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/new-request?id=new_request&sys_id=7a69170f87cee15089a37408dabb3591

Here is the answer that I got:

"We have enabled Group HD for your account. Please refer to this WIKI to setup--https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207347086-Group-HD and verify.

Below are guidelines on how to achieve HD when in a meeting or webinar. This is not an exhaustive list, as there are other potential limitations, such as hardware limitations.

Send HD

Receive HD

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else."

Humashankar
Participant

Hi @Alna - That's great to know - thanks for sharing and this will help others.

Huma