cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase recording quality

JGammack
Listener

I hold a Monday Zoom call with guests of interest to my Substack readers, then turn it into a podcast posted in the column. Is there a way I can increase the quality of the recording?

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

Since the question lacks detail about what you ARE doing it is difficult to answer such a general question. There are many ways to improve recording quality. If you are just using a webcam expect the image to be 640 x 360 and the recording to be the same. If you use screen share with HD turned on in the web portal and in the client and you have at least one participant with the Zoom window set to full screen you can get 1280 x 720 for the recording; however the webcam will still be 640 x 360. If you screen share an HD camera then the recording and camera will be 720P.  There are still dozens of other ways to improve the recording including not using Zoom to record. In general most users will get 720P at best in a Zoom recording.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

storyhub

Since the question lacks detail about what you ARE doing it is difficult to answer such a general question. There are many ways to improve recording quality. If you are just using a webcam expect the image to be 640 x 360 and the recording to be the same. If you use screen share with HD turned on in the web portal and in the client and you have at least one participant with the Zoom window set to full screen you can get 1280 x 720 for the recording; however the webcam will still be 640 x 360. If you screen share an HD camera then the recording and camera will be 720P.  There are still dozens of other ways to improve the recording including not using Zoom to record. In general most users will get 720P at best in a Zoom recording.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @JGammack welcome to the community! Wanted to check in on @storyhub's reply as I went ahead and marked their reply as the solution. As the author, you have the ability to mark their reply as "not the solution", and let us know what didn't work for you and we can best troubleshoot this issue together! I also suggest looking into the KB on Enabling HD video for Zoom Meetings for more information as to what was suggested from @storyhub reply above. I hope this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!