cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will I have access to cloud recording?

monica13
Listener

Hello,

We hosted a series of meetings and shared the Zoom cloud recording links with attendees. Will the links eventually expire? 

I've tested links from last fall, which still seem to be working. However, I've gotten a few message about cloud recordings being deleted so I wanted to double check here.

Thanks!

Monica 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

No, cloud recordings will be available on your account for as long as you are a paid user.

It is possible for recordings to be automatically deleted, but that is a specific setting on the account that has to be enabled. You can find that on the Recording tab of the Account Settings page

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Mathi
Attendee

@monica13 ,

It depends on your setting. Once moved to the Trash folder, Zoom allows you to recover a recording within 30 days of deletion. If you delete the recording from the trash or if the recording is in the trash for 30 days; it will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.

monica13
Listener

Thanks @Mathi . Does Zoom automatically move recordings to the Trash folder after a certain period of time? 

Bort

No, cloud recordings will be available on your account for as long as you are a paid user.

It is possible for recordings to be automatically deleted, but that is a specific setting on the account that has to be enabled. You can find that on the Recording tab of the Account Settings page

If you are not a paid user, does zoom record? If so, how do you access the recordings and how long are they available? 

Jessie82, 

Yes,  you are able to record on an unpaid account. The recording will save to your documents. When you go there you should see a zoom folder and under there will see your recordings.  Good luck!

Bort,   One of our staff members was advised that the cloud recording may not last after a prior employee loses access, but the information wasn't shared. Is there a way to view it at least once more?

Asking further about recordings:

I have an annual Zoom account (to host meetings) & also pay $40 monthly to keep recordings.

If I keep the annual but cancel the $40/monthly will the recordings stay in the cloud?

Thanks!

Bort

Hi @cralston 

If you cancel your additional cloud recording storage add-on, your recordings will remain available on your account, but if your current usage exceeds your base account storage, then you will be unable to start new cloud recordings until you are below that allotted storage amount. 

Hey. So, I started out as a paid user and had been for years, I've been downgraded to a Basic account and I see that all of my information is gone, all of my recordings and everything. Is there a way to restore those? I wasn't aware that would happen.

Bort

To restore access to your cloud recordings, you would need to have your account upgraded again to a paid account. 

Thanks. I appreciate the response. Glad to hear that.

Will cloud recordings i made a week ago be re-available once I return to Pro Plan even if payments for my last Pro Plan stopped more than 2 months ago, due to outdated credit card?
And will I have to pay for the whole period or just renew?

monica13
Listener

Thanks for confirming!

Listener

Cloud recordings will be deleted automatically after they have been stored for 365 day(s).