cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you allow ANY participant to record?

Fables
Listener

Hi! I want to set my zoom meetings to all anyone to record our sessions. I'm seeing a host can allow participants to record, but I'd like to skip this step and allow anyone who joins my zoom to be allowed to record.

Thank you,
Julianne

2 REPLIES 2

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

This is not currently possible - a host or co-host of the meeting must be present to record.

However, you are free to designate a large number of alternative hosts when creating a meeting. This will ensure that if any of these alternative hosts join, they are free to record the meeting. This will, however, result in all of these users having elevated privileges during the call unless they are demoted.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0067027

Since the actual feature you're asking for does not exist [yet], please be sure to submit a feature request directly to Zoom Support. The more users request a feature (and I do think this is a useful one), the more likely Zoom is to implement it in a future release.

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Fables/Julianne.

When Allow host to give permission to participant to record is enabled, there is no way currently for a Host to enable recordings for all attendees with a single action. Attendees can request permission by clicking the Record button, or the Host can enable individuals from their Participants window by clicking the … menu for a participant and selecting Allow Recording

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !