cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I assume control of another person in my meeting's computer?

PaoloBarone
Listener

How do I assume control of another person in my meeting's computer?

I have the latest version of Zoom -- the Google Extension version.  I had great trouble trying to download the desktop version of Zoom, so I installed to Google Extension version.

Thanks,

Paolo Barone

4 REPLIES 4

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Using Remote support session

A remote support session allows you to remotely control and restart a Windows or macOS computer. The user initiating the support session can:

• Request desktop control
  • Request application control
  • Request computer restart

Prerequisites

Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux: Global minimum version or higher
Free or Paid account
Remote support feature enabled on the meeting host's account

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208072316-Using-Remote-support-session 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Do both the host and the client computers need to have the Windows Desktop version of Zoom?

Would it work if the host has the Windows Desktop version of zoom and the client has the Google Chrome Extension version of Zoom?

Do I need to remove the Google Extension version of Zoom if I am going to install the Desktop version of Zoom.

I am using the Chrome extension version of Zoom because I had great trouble trying to download the Windows Desktop version.  The file wouldn’t finish.

Thanks,

Paolo

How do I remove the Chrome extension version of Zoom, if it’s necessary to delete it???

OK.  I uninstalled the Zoom Chrome extension and I installed the Zoom Windows Desktop version.  I do not see "settings" or "support."  On the bottom of the black Zoom meeting window, I see:

mute, start video, security,  participants, share screen, reactions, apps, whiteboards, notes, and end.

Where are Settings and Support???