Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host cannot Unmute

horsewise
Listener

Hi,

I hope someone can help 🙂

We have a big meeting planned for tomorrow and we are currently running a test.  We are using my account. 

The person I want to make the Host for the meeting cannot unmute on her computer. 

She can log on using her phone and unmute.

If we set up another test meeting using another account she can also unmute her computer (so not an issue with her microphone)

What setting on her computer on this particular account might be causing her not to be able to unmute?

Any help would be really appreciated.  🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @horsewise adding onto @ExpertswhoJohn's reply as well. You maybe muting all participants when they join a meeting. This setting will disable all participants’ audio when they first join the meeting. 

And secondly, to @ExpertswhoJohn's point the host can control whether participants can mute or unmute themselves during a meeting.

More info within the knowledge base Muting all participants when they join a meeting

Let us know if this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ExpertswhoJohn
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

hi @horsewise 

When you setup a meeting you can request permission to be able to unmute them yourself., THis will only work if they have a valid microphone already setup, but does mean you can contorl when they come off mute (and mute them again)(

Screenshot 2024-01-17 203302.png

please mark this as resolved if it answers your question
All the best

john

Hi @horsewise adding onto @ExpertswhoJohn's reply as well. You maybe muting all participants when they join a meeting. This setting will disable all participants’ audio when they first join the meeting. 

And secondly, to @ExpertswhoJohn's point the host can control whether participants can mute or unmute themselves during a meeting.

More info within the knowledge base Muting all participants when they join a meeting

Let us know if this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!