cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had their YouTube channel livestreaming stopped?

richardd
Listener

After more than 18 months of no issues, recently, when trying to stream live on YouTube, I have had two things happen that are blocking me from streaming live.

1) For some reason, Zoom is opening the live stream browser through Microsoft Edge? Zoom never did that before. It always went through Chrome, and I see no way to change that in Zoom settings. Has there been some kind of default change Microsoft has dropped into my Zoom account? 

2) I get a message in the dialogue box that YouTube won't allow Zoom streaming privileges. Since I have changed none of my Zoom settings, and it worked before, I am thinking this is an Edge issue. But I cannot find anywhere to either stop Edge from opening or change Edge's settings to allow Zoom's dialogue box to connect with my YouTube channel.

Anyone else experiencing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @richardd 

Generally, Zoom will just use your default browser when opening a web page to live stream, so I'd recommend checking what browser is set as the system default. Windows can often reset that during updates. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bort

Hi @richardd 

Generally, Zoom will just use your default browser when opening a web page to live stream, so I'd recommend checking what browser is set as the system default. Windows can often reset that during updates.