cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 403 when editing a poll question

bcrocker
Listener

I created a poll question in a meeting template yesterday and saved it without a problem. I attempted to edit the same question today. When I click on save, I am receiving a 403 error. Does anyone have any insight?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

4 REPLIES 4

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @bcrocker , thank you for your contribution to the Zoom Community. 

To further investigate, kindly provide the following:

1. What browser are you using when saving the poll questions?
  2. Have you tried a different browser or using private/incognito?
  3. Can you please provide a screenshot of the error message?
  4. Are you able to duplicate the current poll, customize it, and save?

Keep me updated!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

N/A

I was wrong. I am still having the same issue.

1. I am getting the same error in both Chrome and Microsoft Edge

2. See above. I do not know how to try incognito

3. Screenshot is attached

4. That doesn't work

arslanbutt
Listener
    • Ensure that you have the necessary permissions to edit poll questions. If you're not the meeting host or don't have the required role, you might encounter this error.
  1. Log Out and Log In:

• Log out of your account, clear your browser cache, and log back in. Sometimes, cached data can cause unexpected errors.
  2. Browser Compatibility:

• Try using a different web browser to see if the issue persists. Some browsers may have compatibility issues with certain features.
  3. Incognito/Private Mode:

• Open your browser in incognito/private mode to rule out any browser extensions or cached data causing the problem.
  4. Meeting Template:

• Confirm that the meeting template itself doesn't have any restrictions preventing edits to poll questions. Check the template settings.
  5. Zoom Version:

• Ensure that you are using the latest version of the Zoom client or web application. Outdated software can sometimes cause issues.
  6. Contact Zoom Support:

• If the problem persists, it's advisable to reach out to Zoom's support team for assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your account and the current status of their services.

Remember that software and platforms like Zoom may receive updates, and issues can be resolved in subsequent versions. If the problem persists after trying the above steps, contacting Zoom support would be the most direct way to get assistance tailored to your specific situation.