cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable automatic Zoom app invites without consent

Gummy
Listener

Is there a way to disable this completely inappropriate "feature" in Zoom apps. I'm not sure if this only happens with this specific app "Heads Up" or if this happens with all apps. So as soon as I opened the app "Heads Up", without any prompt whatsoever, it automatically sends a private message to the host with a Zoom app invite. This was EXTREMELY problematic and caused great embarrassment, since I was in a serious and extremely important meeting and I had no intention in any way of sending this link to anyone, let alone the host. IT LITERALLY SENT AS SOON AS I OPENED THE APP. You have no idea how embarrassing this was, I was literally screaming and crying inside.

Screen Shot.png

Bottom line, a zoom app should never have been allowed to send messages ON MY BEHALF, especially without any prompt or warning. If this continues to be the case, then I will have to never use zoom apps again because I am afraid of the risk of sending unwanted messages in serious meetings in the future.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Gummy 

I've reached out to our internal Zoom Apps team and they are investigating with the developer of that particular Zoom App.