cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop sharing

alexisteixeira
Listener

Hi. - I am a Mac user. I sometimes need to share the desktop because I need two windows opened, a PDF + video, for example. The sharing screen window shows all the apps but does not show the desktop thumbnail option. I have the same problem when I connect the iPhone via USB. It just doesn't show this option to share. I started to have this problem only after the last update, 5.7.6. Can anybody help me, please.

Screenshot 2021-09-10 at 13.44.47.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @alexisteixeira 

Can you open your account on the web portal and check your settings for the Disable desktop screen sharing for meetings you host option. This should be disabled (the toggle should appear grey) so that you can share your desktop, as well as individual apps. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bort

Hi @alexisteixeira 

Can you open your account on the web portal and check your settings for the Disable desktop screen sharing for meetings you host option. This should be disabled (the toggle should appear grey) so that you can share your desktop, as well as individual apps. 

🙏thank you ever so much! The question is, why do they set it disable as a default? Isn't it more reasonable to leave it on and then you choose wether you want to share or not. At least they should not change the settings every time we have an update. Very weird, not to say nonsense.