cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients unable to enter meetings

Drewski1981
Listener

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone can help me with an issue I am having.

When I am setting up meetings, regardless of whether or not they are one-offs or recurring, I am having lots of problems with my clients. The two problems I have are:

1. When clients enter a meeting, the 'admit' button doesn't show - so I've no way at all of letting them into the room. Usually I have to end the meeting and start again before it will work.

2. When clients go to enter our meeting, they cannot connect because they receive a message saying I am already in a meeting. But the meeting I am in is the one in which they are meant to be connecting to.

For my settings I use a waiting room and allow admittance for participants at any time, so I am confused as to why I have so many issues.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Andy

17 REPLIES 17

JepZoom
Participant

Based on your scenario, it is possible that they are connecting to different meetings that you created.

What you can do is share the meeting link instead of just the meeting number. See if this will solve your issue.

They shouldn't be connecting to different meetings. I send everyone individual links, and they're all recurring so I never give out different links for the same person.

May I ask if the meeting has a similar meeting ID?

Nope. All completely different. I don't use my personal ID, just whatever the system generates at the time.

Then it means that they are trying to join your meetings at the same time. 

Depending on your account you can be able to have 2 meetings at the same time, but if your account is just a Pro account, not a Business and above you cannot have concurrent meetings.

Now, you mentioned that you have different meetings scheduled right? If a participant entered your meeting assuming that you have been allowed join before the host, another participant cannot enter another meeting at the same time if you are on a Pro account simply because the Pro account doesn't have the ability to have concurrent meetings.

I'm sorry, I'm completely confused by what you're saying: I'm only ever in one meeting at a time, I don't ever have two scheduled at the same time as it would make no sense and I couldn't be in two different meetings at once anyway?

Every meeting I set up has a different time, a unique code, and a unique link.

When my clients are attempting to join the meeting, they're being told I am already in a meeting when I am, in fact, in the same meeting they're attempting to join but cannot because the system appears to be confused and thinks I am in a different meeting.

The other issue is that they are joining the meeting but I am not receiving the request to admit them.

I have a Pro account.

I am sorry for the confusion, I will try to explain it with screenshots.

When you create/schedule a meeting, you will see this option: Allow participants to join anytime

JepZoomie_1-1650314777341.png

If you created two different meetings where you enable 'Allow participants to join anytime' that means that participants can enter both your meetings at any given time.

If participant 'A' joins your meeting 'A', users cannot join your other scheduled meetings simply because there is an ongoing meeting on your scheduled meetings. 

You cannot have concurrent meetings if your account is Pro and below.

I'm sorry, but I am still a bit confused: there's only one meeting happening at any one time, and that would be the meeting that myself and my client are both intended to be in?

As a general rule, I enter the meeting first, but then when they attempt to enter the same meeting, they receive an error saying I am already in another meeting. I am in the sense that I am in the meeting that they should be joining - but it's not a different meeting to the one they are trying to enter, it's the same one.

Can you provide some screenshots of the meetings that you are already scheduled?

What is it that you would like to see? Obviously I can't post links and login details of private meetings on a public forum for privacy reasons.

This: https://zoom.us/meeting#/upcoming
JepZoomie_0-1650359502051.png
You can simply filter out half of the meeting IDs, I just want to confirm something.

Not sure if this will help, but here you go.

Thanks, can you check the settings of those 2 meetings if the 'Allow participants to anytime' is enabled?

JepZoomie_0-1650370512004.png

On one of them it was, but not on the other.

JepZoom
Participant

Just checking if my response solved your concern/question?

Rachelfarley
Listener

I have the exact same issue and just spent an hour on zoom chat but am none the wiser...did you resolve it?

In so far as I can tell, you can never have the option 'Allow Participants to Join At Any Time'  ticked otherwise it screws it all up. I just went through a deselected it from every meeting.