cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't go live to my groups anymore

Mcrofts0014
Listener

Hello. I've just recently lost the ability to go live to my Facebook groups. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know how to fix it?

Side note; i can still go live on Facebook but it's to my page or to friends. I don't see the ability to go live to groups anymore. 

Thanks in advance

Mike

17 REPLIES 17

Ilana18
Listener

The same happened to me. I've been streaming a zoom class to a Facebook  group for years and this morning, I only have the option to stream to pages. I'm admin both on the zoom account and in the group

Same here.  Had a live show planned and gave the same exact issue

CarrieSMagill
Listener

Me too same issue...have been doing it twice a week for years and now can not!!!  Super frustrating ...messed up class for sure

karen_dee
Listener

Yes I have had the same issue, I wonder if it's related to this https://www.socialchamp.io/news/meta-shocks-social-media-community-with-removal-of-third-party-integ... but I have searched for info online and you are the first person I have seen with the same problem. I have contacted Zoom support but not heard back yet.

LMK if you discover a work around....This looks like we might be out of luck Thanks for finding this article ...pretty much explains the problem.  Have seen at least a half a dozen of us posting about this problem

How did you contact zoom support? I tried calling them and i was told I didn't have access to call support. 

I got the same message that I did not have access to call either. so spent hours googling and looking through these forums.  Frustrating to say the least

spoiled
Listener

The link I posted did not work so removed it - look further down at Ray Harwood! 

This link

does not work to this you tube video

spoiled
Listener

It worked for me yesterday afternoon and this morning I tested it at 7 am ET and then wanted to share it / train  my team at 10 am ET and now doesn't work : ( Maybe FB did something to block not sure yet...

Sorry thought it was a solution 

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Zoom didn't do it... Facebook/Meta made a change that eliminates the ability to stream to Facebook GROUPS from "integrated applications" like Zoom.  See my post here for information and a video that explains the use of the Custom RTMP approach to live-streaming in Facebook Groups:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Livestreaming-to-Facebook-GROUPS-now-requires-Custom-RTMP/td-... 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

spoiled
Listener

Ray, you are the best! just tried it out and worked perfectly - thanks 

Has been a stressful few days ...

Ray_Harwood

Glad it was helpful, @spoiled.  There has been a LOT of activity around this... and I've spent the last hour or so just poking around looking for stray "cries for help'" where my post wasn't present.

Relax now, and enjoy! 👍

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thanks Ray! 

karen_dee
Listener

Thanks so much Ray and for the video as well, that was very helpful information.