cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change recording location to local computer.

thejohnfreund
Listener

Mostly a Mac user, but have hosted my licensed Zoom account on Win machines, recording locally. Trying to record a quick app demo on zoom with this newish (2 months) Lenovo running Win11, and I just took the 22h2 update this morning...  

The problem is I can't get the Local Recording settings field ("Store my recording at:) to change.  The field says it's recording location on OneDrive (don't want that), and the path cannot be changed by highlighting /typing over or using "change" button to select another location.  What's odd  is that clicking "open" takes me to the local zoom folder, but it wouldn't record there.

I logged into the website and turned off cloud recording there (which means I probably won't be able to record from the phone), went back to the app - STILL couldn't get the data field to reflect the local folder.

Uninstalled/re-installed Zoom. - STILL couldn't to get the field to reflect the local folder.  

Decided to do a quick test meeting to record, and sure enough - it recorded locally, but the "recording at:" field STILL said it was recording to OneDrive.  And it seems to be recording in both places.

So, unless I keep the zoom folder open on my computer and watch the folder appear when I start recording, how can I be sure I'm recording locally at the beginning, and not find out later it recorded to OneDrive and sounds like a dog's breakfast?

rec-downstairs-upstairs.png

Win10_zoom-rec-setngss2.png

  

4 REPLIES 4

OneWord
Listener

I have the exact same problem.  Meetings are being recorded locally, but also on the cloud.  And I can't change the default location.  More precisely, I can't get a new location to save.  

Yes, I'm having the same problem as well. I click into the webinar to edit it/them (in this case it's a recurring webinar), change the setting from "in the cloud' to "local computer," click Save, and... it's still set to "in the cloud."  🤔

Gisle
Listener

Same problem reported for a customer. In addition to this, when the recording starts, it dies, yielding an error code, either 53346421 or 258221335. 

Also, the "Change" button to edit your storage location, is missing.

janizzia
Listener

Same problem on Mac, saves to iCloud instead of locally, 2024.