cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t access cloud recording

debbyroar
Listener

Hi, so I’m a bit confused. Someone started a meeting and made me host before leaving. I then started a recording, and selected the cloud option. I learnt you have to be a paid user to start cloud recordings.

I’m on the free plan, but the person who started the meeting is a paid user. Where do I find the cloud recording? Or is it completely gone? 🥲

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

JackieC1
Listener

Hello,

The initial host will receive an email with the recording about 20 minutes after the meeting ends.

View solution in original post

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @debbyroar.

@JackieC1 has a good answer, but I’d like to clarify a bit. Cloud recordings are always listed in the Personal -> Recordings section of the Web Portal under the owner of the meeting. Regardless of who initiated the meeting (it could have been an Alternate Host or something with Scheduling Privilege) or who started the recording (it could have been a Co-Host or someone else designated as Host by the meeting owner).

Ask the meeting owner to provide you with access to the recording. That’s the only way you’ll have access to it. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

JackieC1
Listener

Hello,

The initial host will receive an email with the recording about 20 minutes after the meeting ends.

Thank you!

You’re welcome 

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @debbyroar.

@JackieC1 has a good answer, but I’d like to clarify a bit. Cloud recordings are always listed in the Personal -> Recordings section of the Web Portal under the owner of the meeting. Regardless of who initiated the meeting (it could have been an Alternate Host or something with Scheduling Privilege) or who started the recording (it could have been a Co-Host or someone else designated as Host by the meeting owner).

Ask the meeting owner to provide you with access to the recording. That’s the only way you’ll have access to it. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thank you! Just did that

TineDeceuninck
Listener

Thank you for your question. I had the exact same issue 🙂