cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I set up auto signin when zoom starts on Windows ?

hw_user
Listener

I am using zoom on 2 PCs. One at home (PC1) and one at my parent's house (PC2). Zoom log me out from PC 1 when I start Zoom on PC2 and vice versa. I am at home in the morning and at my parents in the afternoon. This means that I have to sign in twice a day. Is there a way to get Zoom to sign in automatically every time I start Zoom ? 

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @hw_user, this is happening because you can be signed in to Zoom on one computer, one tablet, and one phone at a time. 

If you sign in to an additional device while logged into another device of the same type, you will be logged out automatically on the first device. Therefore, prompts you to re-sign in every time. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi Zoom Moderator, that's not what the user was asking. HW_USER was asking if there was a way to make Zoom auto-fill their login credentials when they start Zoom, so they don't have to manually type it in. Example, they log in to one machine and launch Zoom, their credentials auto-fill and they're signed in. Later on, they go to another device, and the same process happens. Right now, Zoom does not auto-fill on every device, making it monotonous for someone to manually type-in their information each time Zoom launches.  Hope this helps.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @jsmith0605 gotcha, my apologies! You should be able to check the box "keep me signed in" after entering your login creds from the login window. This would allow you to avoid entering your credentials each time the Zoom client opens and would keep you signed in. 

keepmesignedin.png

If you're using other sign-in methods such as SSO, Apple, Google, Facebook; that would redirect you to sign in from out of the client, therefore, if you had any password management within your browser or device to auto-fill your credentials through that preferred sign-in method. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

skylark22
Listener

indeed, it's a pain that Zoom does not remember the credentials.
At least it should keep the username field populated.