cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I cut or hide a portion of a video recording?

KWS
Listener

I accidentally displayed some confidential information for a brief moment during a meeting I was recording. Before sharing the video  I need to remove that portion of the recording or black out the screen for a few seconds. Is there a way to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KWS
Listener

I am answering my own question:

The answer is Yes you can edit out portions of a recording. You must place two or more blue Section windows  on the recording bar. The section you want to omit must  be between the blue bars:

KWS_0-1666222825808.png

Once you click trim the Zoom editor will create the new Shared recording. This can take some time. The time codes on the recording bar and the transcript will show a skip in the recording.

After processing  you can recover the entire recording or re-edit it by pressing the Scissors icon.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

KWS
Listener

I am answering my own question:

The answer is Yes you can edit out portions of a recording. You must place two or more blue Section windows  on the recording bar. The section you want to omit must  be between the blue bars:

KWS_0-1666222825808.png

Once you click trim the Zoom editor will create the new Shared recording. This can take some time. The time codes on the recording bar and the transcript will show a skip in the recording.

After processing  you can recover the entire recording or re-edit it by pressing the Scissors icon.

"You must place two or more blue Section windows  on the recording bar. The section you want to omit must  be between the blue bars."

How is this done?