cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I allow ANYONE to record (Pro acct), even without host?

JerseyGirl2AZ
Listener

I have a Pro account. In the settings, I allow anyone to attend the meeting with the direct meeting link (no waiting room). And I allow anyone to be able to share content. We are a Toastmasters club, and I cannot attend every single week. We are going to start to record our speeches. This is not proprietary information that needs to be tightly locked down.  QUESTION #1: Is there a setting to allow anyone attending the meeting to record, without my being there as Host to enable them to record?  QUESTION #2: can more than one person record at the same time, if they are recording to their local computer? 

Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

1. Anyone in a meeting can potentially record, but they have to be allowed to do so by the host. If there is no host present, then that permission cannot be given. You might consider setting someone as an alternative-host for when you cannot attend, or perhaps share your host key with someone you trust. 

2. Yes, it is possible to give multiple participants permission to record locally to their computer.