cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera working at sign-in but not after being allowed into room.

jamin207
Listener

Here is the situation that has me stumped 😞

I enter the meeting ID.  After that, it takes me to the page to enter the passcode and my username.  In this window, there is a camera preview there.  The camera is on and working and I can see myself live.  After entering the passcode I am allowed entrance into the zoom room but then my camera view is black.   I have the front camera selected.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  I have made sure its the newest and still supported app.  The camera works on facebook, google meets, and when I select the camera app on the chromebook.  And again, it works on zoom when your entering the passcode on the video and audio preview.  Just not when you actually enter the room.  Im at a total loss 😞   

5 REPLIES 5

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,

• Are you the host of the meeting?
  • Is the meeting host allowing participant video to be on in the meeting?

What happens when you join this Zoom test meeting?

https://zoom.us/test 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Hi Frank  I have the same issue and the test screen is fine and shows my camera working when I join the meeting.  The external meetings I am joining are with different groups and my screen is black with all of them not just one host. It's not an issue for the other participants?  Any additional thoughts?

No, I am not the host.  Yes, the host is allowing participant video as all others are showing.  When I joined the test meeting, the picture was visible after I was in.  So the issue didnt repeat there.  What could that mean? 

THX !!!!

I have a participant in one of my meetings that is having the same problem, I see no issues on my end as the host.

Thank you

tedbrandt
Listener

I have the same issue on a chromebox.  It has worked fine with the App the past three years, and stopped working with the new PWA client.  The symtoms are the same above.  The camera (USB) works on all other applications on the chromebox. I have also tested with a completely different camera with exactly the same results.