cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera - Black screen

Managely
Listener

I have the camera for the zoom meeting - BUT in stead of showing me it is a full black window - no image, no background possible - it just stays black. I have given zoom access to the camera in my settings, I have reinstalled zoom, but it remains black. I have daily meetings, it never was an issue. It just suddenly is there. Is in on a Mac Book Pro - Anyone nows the solutions? Any feedback appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

Ctoddcorrea
Listener

I have the same thing going on. Worked Fine on Thursday. It is Saturday and was unable to teach. No Bueno. How do you resolve this issue? 

kb04090
Listener

I had this issue too and was able to resolve it after Zoom support suggested I totally uninstall Kaspersky Total Security. Wasn't jazzed about that option, but figured I could do a restore point and restore the computer if that didn't do anything. After the uninstall of KTS, the camera worked fine. This was shocking because in prior steps, I had disabled the KTS and the problem persisted.

Here's what worked.

Initially, there were suggestions to be sure that Zoom Meetings was granted permissions in the PROTECTION/ADVANCED APPLICATION PROTECTION/APPLICATION CONTROL section of Kaspersky Total Security. It already was granted that permission, and changing an embedded setting (right click on Zoom meetings in that menu and select PROPERTIES) to "Do not inherit settings from the application's parent process" did nothing.

On the KTS SETTINGS, PROTECTION screen, all the way at the bottom, is a WEBCAM PROTECTION menu that no other suggestions had eluded to. Clicked into that and it said KTS was blocking webcam access for ONE APPLICATION. Clicked on that notice and, sure enough, it was ZOOM MEETINGS. There was an option to remove the block. It worked fine after that. I wish I could share screen shots, but not possible>