cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakout Rooms Crashing Zoom on Samsung Tablets

waynesworld
Listener

Good evening

We have started having a new problem on Zoom breakout rooms with some using Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablets running Android 11.  

When the breakout rooms are opened they get a message saying 'This will take a minute' and 4 squares spinning around.  It seems to crash Zoom for them.   Although we can see them in the room, they cannot see it and cannot select any options on the screen, having to turn off the tablet and restart.  It seems to be intermittent too, only happening some of the time.

Can anyone help with this?

15 REPLIES 15

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @waynesworld, you have the ability to create, remove, and rename breakout rooms after launch from the Zoom desktop application on a computer. More info here. Also, ensure you're up-to-date running the latest version of Zoom as it requires 5.9.0 or higher

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

This does not help users of Zoom. I do the breakout rooms as the host, so no problem with creating and using them. But for those with Samsung devices, they are having issues with being stuck with the screen shown. They are having to uninstall and reinstall Zoom.  

We know how to operate the rooms, but his error is occurring.    We have made sure Zoom is fully up to date and the problem is not fixed.

waynesworld
Listener

That's right.  The picture shows what is happening on Samsung tablets.  It is still happening and we just can't seem to fix it.

ZCollier
Listener

We’ve had very similar problems, mainly those using more basic tablets and also intermittent. Any solutions found yet? 

Sigi_newworld
Listener

With the new Zoom client version 5.9.3. (4247) we have the exact same problem with two Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) Android V8.1.0. Together with the Zoom support we try to analyze the problem . The version before 5.9.3 (4247).
Version 5.8.3 (2634) works. The behavior is reproducable.

Been having this problem too on Samsung tablets.  Both are galaxy tab A one on android 8.1.0 and the other on 7.1.1. Been having same zoom issue since zoom 5.9.0 (3502) back in December. Every update from zoom has not fixed it now on zoom 5.9.3 (4247) any luck finding a fix?  zoom support says it's an  issue with my tablet and to contact the manufacturer. Or a network issue !!! My friend had a Huawei  media pad with sane issue ! So not sure it is a manufacturer issue.  Any suggestions for solving breakout room black screen  with never ending circle? Many thanks 

is-zUser
Listener

We have the same Problems by starting breakout rooms. All Samsung Galaxy Tab A  has a black Screen and can nothing do. I have this checked, the newest version 5.9.3 (4247) is installed. We found out, the problem is, when the host tick the box by "Automatically move all assigned participants into breakout rooms". Is the box unchecked and "the participants will need to click Join to be added to the breakout room", there are no problem - so some technicians. Please help. Are there conflicts between the different settings?

Thank You

Thanks for this information.  Hopefully this issue will get picked up by Zoom and fixed with an update soon.  We will test this solution and see if it works for us.  I will 'Accept as Solution' if it works, albeit a temporary one!  

Thanks for your reply, I have been in contact with my AV team who hosts meetings and then puts us in breakout rooms with your suggestion. This was their reply so unfortunately your suggestion not working for me still but posting their answer incase it helps others.  ...Many thanks and back to the drawing board...

" asked the AV team, the result was that we have only been using the option for participants to click, when prompted, to join a breakout room. We haven’t been using the option to automatically move participants into rooms in the scenario or if want to leave the meeting straight afterwards they can. Not sure if this answers the question from the response from the zoom community?"

Hello, we have tested it since 17.02. 2x / week. We have no longer this problem with Samsung Galaxy Tab A, if we the participants let go themself into the breakout rooms. If the participants can tip on button to go into the room, its all right.  There is certainly a bug in the zoom app, but this is how we were able to avoid it. Nice day!

SeniorPJ
Listener

This doesn't help. This issue us for people joining a meeting and then being unable to get into a break out room when using a Samsung tablet. I've uninstalled and reinstalled zoom and have latest version of Zoom but still cant get into break out room. Very frustrating as I could do this before latest update.

DGamble
Listener

We have had this same problem as well when using a Samsung Galaxy Tab E. They are able to see and hear everyone fine until they are sent into a breakout room. From there they only see the 4 boxes as described but no one else even though others can see and hear them. This happens whether manually putting participants into a breakout room or automatically. We checked and they are running the latest version of Zoom available for their device. We generally run 100+ participants and place in breakout rooms. It appears this is only device giving us issues.

So true, very frustrating!

SandiSkills
Listener

Has there been a fix to this?  Have a user with same problem--latest android/zoom software up to date.  Samsung Tablet E.  Find until breakouts opened--then hung/frozen.

DGamble
Listener

We had user uninstall Zoom and then reinstall as well as well as make sure their tablet operating system had all the latest updates. Once that was done it appeared to get rid of problem we were experiencing.