cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto close breakout rooms stuck on by default

gfc
Listener

A couple of years ago I discovered the option to auto close breakout rooms. Since the first time I used this option, all my breakout rooms in all my meetings are automatically set to auto close after 15 minutes. This is true even for new meetings. It also happens in recurring meetings even if I turned off auto close during a previous meeting time. How can I get this option to be off by default? It is causing all kinds of problems since I have to remember to turn it off every time I start breakout rooms and I don't always remember.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gfc
Listener

In case anyone else encounters this, I finally determined that it was a bug with my desktop client. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Zoom client and that appears to have solved the problem for now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

It isn't a profile setting. You need to change it when a break out room is open.

1. After creating the breakout rooms, click Options (on Windows) or the gear icon (on macOS) to view additional breakout rooms options.
  2. Auto close breakout rooms after () minutes: If this option is checked, the breakout rooms will automatically end after the configured time.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0062540 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

gfc
Listener

Yes, I understand this. The issue is that the auto close option is checked by default in every breakout room that I create. That should not be the case. This seems to be a bug. It started the first time I tried the auto close option and has persisted no matter what I have tried. This doesn't seem to be an issue for other meeting hosts in my college's Zoom.

gfc
Listener

In case anyone else encounters this, I finally determined that it was a bug with my desktop client. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Zoom client and that appears to have solved the problem for now.

THANK YOU FOR THIS. I never would have guessed that was the issue. Tested it and my last used settings remained rather than the garbage auto close after 2 min settings!