cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 500 internal server error

Grossy28
Listener

Every time I try to add a meeting in Outlook, It acts like it's trying to add a Zoom meeting and then returns "500 Internal Server Error." I've tried removing the plug-in for Zoom and adding it back and no luck. Please help! 

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Grossy28 could you please attempt the following to see if this resolves your issue? 

1. In Outlook, open the Zoom add-in
  2. Select the Settings icon
  3. Sign out
  4. Close Outlook completely
  5. Relaunch Outlook
  6. Sign back in to the Zoom add-in

Try to recreate the issue and see if that helps? 

Here is more info within the KB on Installing the Zoom for Outlook add-in

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

JimmyT1
Listener

Hello, how do we keep this from reoccurring, or prevent it from happening? There are executives that are getting frustrated with having to sign in and back out. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @JimmyT1 there doesn't seem to be any escalations I am seeing about this error. Here is what was suggested from past cases to ensure that this integration is working correctly. The plugin is an installable file package that you can use from Outlook on your desktop. The add-in is built using the Microsoft API and is used from Outlook on your desktop or the web. The comparison of features between these apps will help you decide which is the best to use for your organization. More info within the KB on Outlook plugin and add-in comparison

For the plug in troubleshooting please ensure the following is done and report back after double-checking if or some action is needed to be taken:

1. Update the Zoom desktop client to the latest version.  
2. Update the Outlook plugin to version 5.13.5 or higher. (The add-on stays up-to-date automatically), To update the Outlook Plugin, visit the Download Center and click the Download button under "Zoom Plugin for Microsoft Outlook."
3. Set up or re-integrate Using calendar and contacts integration. If this is already set up, re-integrate the calendar service.
4. Enable Bi-directional sync on the Zoom web portal. More info within Enabling bi-directional calendar sync

If you're still having issues, I suggest transitioning to the Installing the Zoom for Outlook add-in as the plug-in is a bit more tedious as its an installation file vs. utilizing API. Really depending on the version of Outlook you're using will determine whats best for your use case. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!