cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Events displays Zoom Client information for "In Person" events

dpeluso
Listener

When creating an event that is "In Person" (This session will only be in-person.) the registration page still displays the following:
"Join this event via the Zoom client, web browser, a room system or the Zoom Room. Not sure if your device is compatible with this event?  Test My Device"

I have deactivated all settings in Meeting & Webinar and Webinar In-Session Settings however the text persists.

I have created a test event here:
https://events.zoom.us/ej/Aj3gto2qUWf6-dyjcbAU1DKpUq-_YXAg_gIeopD0k5ldTpYXhu9n~A9nvQI_8-RqCKRjR-AdSB...

This will create confusion with the user expecting they can join the session virtually.

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @dpeluso.

Well, technically speaking, onsite/in-person attendees can join a Zoom Event via their device.  The assumption is that you will have audio fed into Zoom from your event, and attendees can watch the translated (or untranslated, for hearing impaired) captions, or you will conduct Q&A via the Zoom Q&A feature.  Onsite attendees would normally be shown a QR code at the beginning of the event, which they can scan with their mobile device, and this would bring up the Zoom app (or web site) in what is called "Companion Mode".  Companion Mode brings the Zoom app up without audio or video (since the attendee is onsite, the idea is that they won't need audio or video), but gives them access to Q&A, Chat, and Captioning.

If you're planning to not use any Zoom functionality at all, I'm not sure why you'd use Zoom Events instead of something like Eventbrite,

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi @Ray_Harwood, yes I've made the same assumptions however I'd like to use a single events platform rather than using EventBrite for some and Zoom events for others. Otherwise I'd be better off just using EventBrite and Webinars.

Ray_Harwood

Excellent, @dpeluso  Please reach out if you have any questions or issues. I’d like to hear how your onsite event goes!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !