cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whole concept

CellHealer
Listener

I am a healer; not a tech person. I offer The AMAZing Healing Session on my website for payment. This is new. To have a group healing on Zoom, do I set up a meeting with zoom for date and time, advertise that meeting for healing and they go to my website for payment, send the payees the code for the meeting, hold the healing session at the meeting time?

Also, can I set up a template for The AMAZing Healing Session meetings and just change the date and time for future meetings and still be able to hold family meeting for family things?

Thank you, Gloria

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @CellHealer.

It might take some experimentation to determine the setup that works best for you.  When you're having a group session, how many people are attending?  If the number is small, and you are just inviting specific individuals to each session, a Meeting will probably work well.  If the number is large (more than 10-15) or you are allowing anyone to sign up and attend, a Webinar might be advisable, though that is an additional paid license.

You can use Eventbrite to promote your sessions, and also register them, collect payment, and then have Zoom send them the Join links directly.  This isn't something I'd recommend you do yourself without some guidance, though, but it's not too difficult.  I know of lots of non-technical people that use Eventbrite for their event registration, both online and in person.  Eventbrite does charge a fee for any paid event, usually around 10% of the ticket prices.

Since you appear to have a web site where people can register and pay for sessions, sending out the code for each registered session also sounds like a good approach.  I don't recommend putting the Meeting "join link" directly on a web site, since then "just anyone can join" and you might have people attend with "bad intentions".

There is a way to replicate meeting and webinar setups with Templates.  Here are a few Zoom Support articles which should get you started in the right direction:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360036559151-Creating-personal-meeting-templates 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/8463868656653-Scheduling-a-meeting-from-a-template 

The first describes how to create a template, and the second describes how to use an existing template for a new meeting.

I highly recommend scheduling new meetings each time.  Some people like the option to continue to re-use meeting IDs, but this invites problems.  You can schedule a meeting with family any time just by scheduling a new meeting and sending the Join link just to them.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @CellHealer.

It might take some experimentation to determine the setup that works best for you.  When you're having a group session, how many people are attending?  If the number is small, and you are just inviting specific individuals to each session, a Meeting will probably work well.  If the number is large (more than 10-15) or you are allowing anyone to sign up and attend, a Webinar might be advisable, though that is an additional paid license.

You can use Eventbrite to promote your sessions, and also register them, collect payment, and then have Zoom send them the Join links directly.  This isn't something I'd recommend you do yourself without some guidance, though, but it's not too difficult.  I know of lots of non-technical people that use Eventbrite for their event registration, both online and in person.  Eventbrite does charge a fee for any paid event, usually around 10% of the ticket prices.

Since you appear to have a web site where people can register and pay for sessions, sending out the code for each registered session also sounds like a good approach.  I don't recommend putting the Meeting "join link" directly on a web site, since then "just anyone can join" and you might have people attend with "bad intentions".

There is a way to replicate meeting and webinar setups with Templates.  Here are a few Zoom Support articles which should get you started in the right direction:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360036559151-Creating-personal-meeting-templates 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/8463868656653-Scheduling-a-meeting-from-a-template 

The first describes how to create a template, and the second describes how to use an existing template for a new meeting.

I highly recommend scheduling new meetings each time.  Some people like the option to continue to re-use meeting IDs, but this invites problems.  You can schedule a meeting with family any time just by scheduling a new meeting and sending the Join link just to them.

Thank you so much. This helps me a lot. I don't want to 'mess up' while I am learning.

Gloria

Ray_Harwood

You'll do fine.  My suggestion is to practice and test everything until you are reasonably comfortable with it.  It's fine to mess up in a practice session -- that's how we learn.