cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEB Zoom keeps disconnecting with an error message - "your browser is preventing access to the micro

Ruzicka
Listener

Hello. When I don't have a microphone on my computer, WEB Zoom keeps disconnecting with an error message - "your browser is preventing access to the microphone".
When I click on "Join Audio by Computer", then I hear speech for a while until WEB Zoom disconnects the audio with the same err msg.
If I use Zoom.exe, there is no problem with this = I can hear the audio even if I don't have a mic and there is no problem with the disconnect. Could you please fix this problem of the WEB Zoom? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

As the message states, "your browser is preventing access" - this is not Zoom's problem to solve.

Can you please confirm which web browser you're using to access Zoom on the web? Have you tried clearing the cache or resetting the browser already?

Please also try using another browser to see if the issue is present there as well.

But I don't have a mic.
Of course, I've tried it in another browsers - Chrome, Edge, FF - it doesn't matter. Same problem.
So WEBZoom doesn't disconnect you from the webinar even if you don't have a microphone?
Thank you for your help

Ruzicka
Listener

So WEBZoom doesn't disconnect you from the webinar even if you don't have a microphone?
Thank you for your help