cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up single registration link for same webinar but at different times during the same day?

KB13
Listener

I am hosting a webinar that will have the same topic on a single day but at different times during the day (never at the same time).  Can I set up my webinar registration so I only need to provide my invitee's one single link and they can choose which time on the webinar day that they wish to join?  I am trying to avoid setting up 3 different registration links. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @KB13.

There are registration options when setting up a recurring Webinar.  Here's a screen shot of an example 3-day webinar series:

Ray_Harwood_2-1690561457177.png

When picking the first registration option, registrants should be able to attend all sessions attached to this Webinar ID.

Here's the sample confirmation email sent at this point:

Ray_Harwood_4-1690561561828.png

Now for the really good news! After saving the recurring series, each session is listed on your Web Portal view of Webinars:

Ray_Harwood_5-1690561673332.png

Click the Edit button on an individual webinar to get this pop-up:

Ray_Harwood_1-1690560941333.png

If you click Edit This Occurrence, you can edit the date and time of the session!  So let's say I want the Wednesday session to be at 11am instead of 10am, and the Thursday session I want moved to Friday at 1pm.  I go in to each and simply edit the time (and date if needed).

Wednesday 8/2 changed to 11am:

Ray_Harwood_6-1690561822428.png

Thursday 8/3 changed to Friday 8/4 at 1pm:

Ray_Harwood_7-1690561919242.png

Now the sample confirmation email looks like this:

Ray_Harwood_8-1690561987823.png

Being able to set a recurring Webinar for "how many sessions do I want" and then being able to individually edit the sessions to satisfy "when do I want them" has a lot of applications, and solves the issue of not really wanting regular recurrence but also not wanting the "no fixed time" option where nobody really knows when the sessions are.

Hopefully this works for your needs.  I can't tell if you're hoping to have multiple sessions on the same day or on different days, but it should work for same-day sessions as well.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

Ray_Harwood

A follow-up, after re-reading your post.  (See my other, longer reply first!)

Since you're having one webinar with multiple sessions that are the same, and you want registrants to pick a single session to attend, just use the last registration option:

Ray_Harwood_10-1690562500088.png

The registration page will have this section:

Ray_Harwood_12-1690562571511.png

Hope that helps too. 😎

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @KB13.

There are registration options when setting up a recurring Webinar.  Here's a screen shot of an example 3-day webinar series:

Ray_Harwood_2-1690561457177.png

When picking the first registration option, registrants should be able to attend all sessions attached to this Webinar ID.

Here's the sample confirmation email sent at this point:

Ray_Harwood_4-1690561561828.png

Now for the really good news! After saving the recurring series, each session is listed on your Web Portal view of Webinars:

Ray_Harwood_5-1690561673332.png

Click the Edit button on an individual webinar to get this pop-up:

Ray_Harwood_1-1690560941333.png

If you click Edit This Occurrence, you can edit the date and time of the session!  So let's say I want the Wednesday session to be at 11am instead of 10am, and the Thursday session I want moved to Friday at 1pm.  I go in to each and simply edit the time (and date if needed).

Wednesday 8/2 changed to 11am:

Ray_Harwood_6-1690561822428.png

Thursday 8/3 changed to Friday 8/4 at 1pm:

Ray_Harwood_7-1690561919242.png

Now the sample confirmation email looks like this:

Ray_Harwood_8-1690561987823.png

Being able to set a recurring Webinar for "how many sessions do I want" and then being able to individually edit the sessions to satisfy "when do I want them" has a lot of applications, and solves the issue of not really wanting regular recurrence but also not wanting the "no fixed time" option where nobody really knows when the sessions are.

Hopefully this works for your needs.  I can't tell if you're hoping to have multiple sessions on the same day or on different days, but it should work for same-day sessions as well.

Are these options just for webinars? I was looking for a way to provide a single registration link for a series of meetings that are not "daily, weekly, monthly" but about once a month on different days of the month.

thanks

AAUWPat

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @AAUWPat.

First, is "about monthly" really "12 each year"?  Or more like 15?  Are the dates planned and known in advance?  There's a way to do this, described below.  If all this seems like a lot of work -- well, it is a little.  Me personally, I would schedule a separate meeting every month and Email the Join link (or registration link) to each invitee.  Save a template from one of them, and in the future just clone the template, change the date and time, and send it.

My recommendation -- if you want to take the "oddly recurring meeting approach -- is that you try something like the process below til it works for you. 😎  Here's how I'd set it up... you might try it and learn something but then think about some adjustment that makes it work even better for you.

Create a Meeting with:

• Recurring Monthly on the 15th for 6 occurrences
    Ray_Harwood_0-1690854387073.png

• Require Registration "once and can attend any."
    Ray_Harwood_1-1690854476188.png
  • Save the meeting series.
  • Edit the first occurrence in the series and change the date and time as needed:
    Ray_Harwood_2-1690854615362.png
  • Do this for each other month in the series.

I've made random changes to the 6-month series in my test meeting, added some text to the Confirmation Email on the Email Settings tab of the meeting, and sent myself a preview email:

Ray_Harwood_4-1690855347416.png

WARNING:  Do not change the number of occurrences!!  The "recurring meeting algorithm" will remove all occurrences and place the new ones all back to "regular dates and times" and you'll have to re-edit the dates and times to suit you.

Thanks so much! Really clever workaround!

But I think we have decided we want the control of separate registrations each time. Some of our topics are sensitive and we want to know who is on each session.

AAUWPat

Ray_Harwood

A follow-up, after re-reading your post.  (See my other, longer reply first!)

Since you're having one webinar with multiple sessions that are the same, and you want registrants to pick a single session to attend, just use the last registration option:

Ray_Harwood_10-1690562500088.png

The registration page will have this section:

Ray_Harwood_12-1690562571511.png

Hope that helps too. 😎