cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registered Attendees Unable To Join Our Webinars

infineo
Listener

For two consecutive webinars, we have had reports of Attendees being unable to join our Webinars. They claim they are clicking the links send to them in their emails from Zoom, but are unable to join the Webinar. I have not been able to gather more specific Feedback than this yet but will post as I gather more details. Below is an example of the Calendar invite and Texts we sent out with links to join, the Texts were only sent to Registrants after they'd registered.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AxR-U56z6G3nlU-6MSFw8G2wHtmdH8tj/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uf1H0ezQHWoIe0J_YtOoBBay0l3vvn_k/view?usp=sharing

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @infineo.

From the first image, it looks like this is coming from software other than Zoom, and is sending a link that is not a proper registration link. Further, it looks like there’s a short-code link being used to track the click. Without more details, I can’t say exactly where the issue is … but if you’re not going to use Zoom to send the registration link, you’ll need to do more work on the back end to get the Registrant-specific Join link, for this to work properly. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @infineo was @Ray_Harwood's response helpful? If so, please mark his reply as an accepted solution. 

Thank you! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

tcdrswebinars
Listener

We had a webinar we've been monitoring. I blocked registration at 600 know that we'd have about 50 - 60 percent join.

I had two people unable to join and we only had over 300 join. What would cause those two attendees to be unable to join?

Total Registrants: 598

Approved: 597     
Denied/Blocked: 1
Unique ViewersTotal UsersMax Concurrent Views

error received was the Host has another meeting in progress.

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @tcdrswebinars.

Here's a Zoom Support article that relates to the error reported, though it doesn't seem like either of the scenarios there would apply to a Webinar:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0062788

Do you host many webinars?  If so, one possible scenario is that these two registrants had previously attended one of your webinars, then searched through their Email to find the Join link -- and the found the earlier one, not the current one.  So when they clicked that link, it was obviously a different meeting ID, which would generate that error message if you already had the current webinar open.

Something similar might also happen if they are currently registered for one of your future webinars, and had the Join link already for that.

Those are the only scenarios I'm aware of where this might happen for a webinar.  If this doesn't sound feasible in your case and you find more information, come back and post it here and I'll see what additional troubleshooting I can do.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !