cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New registration process

jmancini
Listener

Has anyone else noticed that the change in the registration process from the old Zoom webinars to Zoom events has significantly reduced conversions and show-up rates?

• For example, on the old platform, we used to average 40% or so turn up rate for free webinars. Now it's down to 10%.
  • I also wonder about the extra step in the registration process for new registrations -- requiring that a link be sent to their email and THEN completion of the registration process. The old way was much better.

Anyone else?

jmancini

3 REPLIES 3

mgstark
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@jmancini Hi there, just to confirm you mention "I also wonder about the extra step in the registration process for new registrations -- requiring that a link be sent to their email and THEN completion of the registration process."

Just confirming there's no additional step to "complete" the registration process, if they pre-register they can do that in a single step. An email is sent to the user directly with the join information and also confirmation page is immediately shown so they can directly add it to their Google/Outlook/Yahoo or other calendar.

Finally if the webinar is about to start by the time they register it has a "Join" option:Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 12.28.59 PM.png

jmancini77
Listener

Hi, thank you @mgstark - in this case, I was talking about the new reg people rather than the pre-reg imports. New ones now need to go to a link, then back from the link to their email to get a confirmation code, then back to complete their reg. It used to be a single step. A couple of people have mentioned they were confused by the two step process.

mgstark

Hi @jmancini77 thanks for the confirmation. I thought you meant Zoom Webinar. As you mentioned for Zoom Events/Sessions when a user registers with email address there is a confirmation code to validate them .etc

We are looking into this feedback.