cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do a hybrid webinar with zoom?

Michk
Listener

Hi everyone.  Is there a way to do a prerecorded webinar with zoom and at the end make live Q&A?

Basically I would like to inject a prerecorded video into the webinar session, so I don't have to repeat the same webiar over and over again, but at the end enter into each session I can answer the questions people has left in the chat.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @Michk,

First, most producers/facilitators of Zoom events use the term “hybrid” to refer to events where some people are on Zoom and some people are gathered together in a physical place. But based on your description, I’m assuming you are talking about a full meeting on Zoom – but with some prerecorded content. 

I’ve done this successfully with a few of my clients, but it does take good advance planning and preparation. Here’s a few recommendations:

• The prerecorded content needs to be engaging and energetic, with excellent audio and video quality.  It can be a simple recorded Zoom session, but better if it’s recorded and edited to make it a little more professional looking. 
  • The host would use Zoom’s Share Screen feature to play the video directly from the MP4 file using the “Play video” option of Share Screen.
  • I recommend no video segment longer than 15-20 minutes; check in with the attendees, then start the next segment if there is more.
  •  Use the Q&A function and consider having your speaker answer questions during the presentation. This will reduce the time being spent on Q&A, but don’t do so many questions that the attendees are distracted from watching the content – do the questions that seem to need a short answer, and leave the more in depth questions for afterward.

If you’re not experienced in managing Webinars, practice/practice/practice, or hire someone someone who produces Zoom events regularly. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !