cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloaded Latest Zoom & Now Unable to Join Zoom from Desktop

BrendaMeller
Listener

This week, I visited the Zoom app from desktop to update to the latest version of Zoom. Now when I try to start a zoom meeting, nothing happens and I have to click on the link to get in:
"Having issues with Zoom Client? Join from Your Browser"

I've tried reinstalling zoom and it's still not working HELP!!!

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @BrendaMeller.  Welcome to the Zoom Community.

Oddly enough, I had a similar problem this morning.  I had upgraded my Windows 10 PC's Zoom app to 5.15.0 a few days ago, and it seemed fine.  Today - some sort of weird error I've never seen before!  I was able to run the update to install 5.15.2, and after that it worked fine.

Might be worth a try re-updating to the latest.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Nisha1
Listener

If you have recently downloaded the latest version of Zoom and are facing difficulties joining Zoom meetings from your desktop, try these troubleshooting steps. Firstly, restart your computer as it can resolve temporary software glitches. Check your internet connection to ensure it is stable. Weak or unstable internet can cause joining issues. Update Zoom to the latest version by clicking your profile picture in the Zoom app, selecting "Check for Updates," and installing any available updates. Lastly, temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall software, as they can sometimes interfere with Zoom's functionality. By following these steps, you should be able to address the problem and join Zoom meetings successfully.

@Nishal1-your suggestion worked for me. I opened Nortons and found Zoom and Teams both needed an upgrade and was able to successfully update from within Nortons. This appears to have fixed the problem for me. I was unable to complete an online exam for school earlier in the evening because of this issue. Much appreciate your expertise!