cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace Reservation for Specific People

Bryan_Rosado
Listener

Hi,

We're just about to launch Workspaces in our environment and I was wondering how you can specify who can reserve a specific hot desk? An executive in our company wants his office to be a hot desk, but only reservable by himself and another colleague (possibly one more person in the future). Is this possible?

Any answers are greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Bryan_Rosado

Actually, I was talking to a member of our Workspace Management team and she explained that for your use case you can use the following support article with these some further instruction to make this work for you Executive. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4906676947213-Designating-users-that-can-reserve-workspace...

On the floor level, toggle on - "Designate specific groups or users to be able to reserve specific workspaces" > type the workspace name, > type the individuals allowed to reserve that space > click save. 

Toggle on in floor settings

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 5.41.07 PM.png

Choose workspace and choose user. Click save. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 5.42.05 PM.png

Would you please let me know that this worked for you?

The feature that we have coming in a future release is going to be called "permanent desks" so that will help with your use case as well I would imagine. 

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

YaBoiB

Hello @Bryan_Rosado

This is not quite configurable to the extent that you are asking at this time, but I have confirmed that it is on the RoadMap for a future release. Looking towards the end of 2022 right now. Please continue to follow the release notes for this product and we will make you aware of when and what version this will be released on. 

Kind Regards,

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Bryan_Rosado
Listener

Thank you so much, Brandon. I'll be on the lookout for when this becomes enabled in the future.

YaBoiB

Hello @Bryan_Rosado

Actually, I was talking to a member of our Workspace Management team and she explained that for your use case you can use the following support article with these some further instruction to make this work for you Executive. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4906676947213-Designating-users-that-can-reserve-workspace...

On the floor level, toggle on - "Designate specific groups or users to be able to reserve specific workspaces" > type the workspace name, > type the individuals allowed to reserve that space > click save. 

Toggle on in floor settings

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 5.41.07 PM.png

Choose workspace and choose user. Click save. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 5.42.05 PM.png

Would you please let me know that this worked for you?

The feature that we have coming in a future release is going to be called "permanent desks" so that will help with your use case as well I would imagine. 

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

YaBoiB

@Bryan_Rosado

Also, please let me know if those screenshots are not big enough to see well. I can make them bigger. I just realized that they are very small. 

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi Brandon,

Funny enough, the executive I mentioned in my original post asked if there was a work around for this. I started poking around and did exactly as you mentioned above.

Thank you for replying again. I appreciate the follow up.

YaBoiB

Hello @Bryan_Rosado

I think the "permanent desking" function (when added) is going to be perfect for your use case. 

Glad to see that this is working for your executive. We use this here at Zoom and it is great for our employees. 

Kind Regards,

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion