cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch SSO account on Zoom Client

phucnguyen01
Listener

I have two SSO accounts (working for two schools). I have tried to switch between them but I could not. When I switch to another it always gets into the current one.  Please help.

6 REPLIES 6

iangoh_jhu
Listener

I'd guess what you are missing is changing the domains (schoolX.zoom.us vs schoolY.zoom.us) in your desktop client. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201800126-Signing-in-with-SSO#h_cb84c965-b264-4033-a79a-28...

Also you might want to make sure your browser's cleared any past cookies FOR ALL TIME.  What you really want to see is the login prompting from the correct domain. If it's not prompting you to login, it's remembered you've already signed in.  

KarinAlfrida
Listener

I have the exactly same problem (work vs uni). I don’t get prompted to choose  domain, and it feels  very cumbersome having to clear cookies EVERY time… Is there really no way I can choose domain/account when I  want to?

probablynotNSA
Listener

I've been dealing with this for over a year.  Both my executive education program and my work are tech-savvy places that require SSO.  The workaround around here is to be quick with the mouse - you might be able to stop the page from loading once in five times.   If you win the race, you can go back to the "enter your domain" name to change the domain whose SSO is checked. 

Being forced to do this is totally unacceptable for a recipient of two very expensive enterprise accounts.  This is a known issue reported in multiple places without resolution.   Video conferencing is a commodity and Zoom's inability to address minor fixes like this will result in a market share loss quickly.  

glunken
Listener

I've hit this issue too, I can't believe there's still no product support for this. Even after a full reinstall of the desktop client, Zoom refuses to let me enter a custom SSO domain to switch SSO accounts.

Through some messing around I was able to find a workaround to get into the preferred account:

- (Assuming using Chrome) install the "Disable Javascript" extension (a great extension to have anyway) https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/disable-javascript/jfpdlihdedhlmhlbgooailmfhahieoem?hl=en

- Open the extension settings and add your custom Zoom subdomain to the Javascript block list, eg "mycompany.zoom.com" to prevent javascript from executing on the SSO page. Essentially this prevents the bad SSO account page from communicating with Zoom.

- In Chrome, go to settings > cookies and search for "zoom" and delete all sites you find that have "zoom" in their domain. I don't know if this is required, but it couldn't hurt, since Zoom clearly isn't on our side here.

- Now in the Zoom client, log out if you haven't already, then click "sign in with sso".

For me, these steps paused Zoom on the screen we've all been looking for (second image attached), and let me input my custom domain!

I don't know if this solution will permanently fix which SSO account Zoom uses. It at least got me in the first time.

Swapnilpawar
Listener

The way I have found solution to this problem was by using the web link to login to a different account as that allowed me to enter the SSO domain each time. Trying to fiddle with the zoom app to switch between the accounts didn't work for me either as it was bypassing the pop-up that would have allowed me to enter the SSO domain. So use app for one account and then the following web url to login to a different account.

https://zoom.us/web/sso/login?en=signin

robert_
Listener

I am having the problem on my mobile phone and "solved" by erasing the app's storage – not just the cache, the entire storage. That way it will forget everything and ask about the domain for SSO login, so you can enter a different one. Not a great solution, but it works if you don't need to change frequently.