cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat sound notification

adhungerford
Listener

I have my chat sound notification box enabled but still do not hear any sounds when someone chats in zoom.  Here is a screenshot of my settings.  All other chimes and notifications are working - like when someone enters or leaves a meeting. 

adhungerford_0-1641491345498.png

46 REPLIES 46

OrthoIT
Listener

There seems to be an overwhelming majority that would like this feature. It all gets hidden behind other open programs and we never know when someone is messaging or reaching out. No sound! 

Go to the MAC SETTINGS to 'Notifications' and turn Zoom sound on there. Boom, solved. 
I hope this helps, I was super frustrated and happy to find the solution.

Swinster70
Listener

Can we remove the "Solved" tag from this post? Saying that this is not a feature today doesn't mean this issue is solved.

I was having this issue and just solved it.
YOU HAVE TO GO to the MAC SETTINGS to 'Notifications' and turn Zoom sound on there. Boom, solved. 
I hope this helps, I was super frustrated and happy to find the solution.

(I put some caps because I'm hoping it will catch other peoples attention that need help.). 😄

WINDOWS USERS STILL HAVE NO RESOLUTION ON THIS.

It appears that Macs may have found a work-around, but us Windows 10/11 users stillhave no sound notifications for chat which is VERY frustrating because people are sending chat messages and wondering why others aren't responding.

csb1971
Listener

Score a big one for WebEx, if you're not going to fix that Zoom.

breannagambrel
Listener

i need help to get in the meeting with my friends