cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send .exe file

gurkaran
Listener

Whenever i try to send a .exe file in zoom chat  it shows a error your account admin has placed restriction on sending certain file types

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @gurkaran 

It is exactly as the error message states. An admin on your account has restricted the types of files that can be sent through chat. You can try zipping the file and sending it that way, or uploading to a cloud storage service such as Google Drive and provide the link to that file. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

gurkaran
Listener

PLease help

Bort

Hi @gurkaran 

It is exactly as the error message states. An admin on your account has restricted the types of files that can be sent through chat. You can try zipping the file and sending it that way, or uploading to a cloud storage service such as Google Drive and provide the link to that file. 

I am the admin. How would I change this setting?

This guy is asking the real question

@Bort obviously we konw why this is occuring

Why don't you provide steps for Administrators to change this setting?

I cannot find this option anywhere in the Account > Team Chat settings

Please provide steps to change this

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

The Zoom support site has the documentation required. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/8105024497805-Enabling-file-transfer-in-meetings 

How to enable file transfer for meetings

Account

To enable in-meeting file transfer for all users in the account:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.
  3. Click the Meeting tab.
  4. Under In Meeting (Basic), click the Send files via meeting chat toggle to enable it.
  5. If a verification dialog appears, click Enable to verify the change.
  6. (Optional) To restrict the allowed file types, select the Only allow specified file types check box and add the file type extensions, separated by commas. 
  7. (Optional) To restrict the maximum file size users can send, select the Maximum file size check box and adjust the maximum file size. 
  8. Click Save.
  9. (Optional) To prevent all users in your account from changing this setting, click the lock icon 

and then click Lock to confirm the setting.

User

To enable the in-meeting file transfer for your own use:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Settings.
  3. Click the Meeting tab.
  4. Under In Meeting (Basic), click the Send files via meeting chat toggle to enable it.
  5. If a verification dialog appears, click Enable to verify the change.
    Note: If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at either the group or account level. You need to contact your Zoom admin.
  6. (Optional) To restrict the allowed file types, select the Only allow specified file types check box and add the file type extensions, separated by commas. 
  7. (Optional) To restrict the maximum file size users can send, select the Maximum file size check box and adjust the maximum file size.
  8. Click Save.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!