cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoomRooms Client on android

PatrickSchot
Listener

We have a problem with the current manufacturers that they don't have any on the shelf systems with a  180degree camera but our room sizes are such that it is the only way to have all sides of the table in the picture.

now there are manufacturers of 180 degree cameras but non of them have a zoomroom client connected to it like Jabra and Aopen and probably a couple more.

So my idea was to have the Jabra camera connected to a zoomroom client but we cannot in our company use a windows or mac client. This is why I am exploring the option of an Android zoomroom client like other out of the box systems already use (Poly, DTEN etc.) but I have trouble finding a zoomroom APK. I just find the controller app.

anyone has any ideas where to find such?

P.

4 REPLIES 4

Nafi
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi, 

I Don't think Poly/Dten zoom room appliance can share the apk, so if you think you want to create  your own appliance i don't think you can do that. 

but just maybe using some specific device that support usb camera like G7500 will works if the usb camera is standard like jabra or else

hope this helps.

I am Zoom Enthusiast (Part of PT. Kayreach System, Indonesia Authorized Reseller, Certified Zoom Room, Zoom Phone, and Pro AV Integrator)

Thanks for the quick reply.
The G7500 is a bit to expensive solution to equip in 200 rooms, but I think that Poly/DTEN also didn't make the APK themselves. So, I am wondering if Zoom has a DK for this.

StefanScherbik
Participant

I thought at first that the upcoming Logitech RoomMate would allow peripheral devices (such as the Jabra Panacast 180 cam) to be plugged in, but then someone mentioned that it would only work with Logitech's own cameras/mics/speakers like the Rally.

I really hope that they will allow 3rd party devices to work with the RoomMate when because it doesn't make much sense to me to sell a standalone Zoom Rooms codec but then require that only Logitech equipment can work with it.  What if I want to replace a Mac Mini with the RoomMate, but all my cameras/mics in the room are still good and I don't want to replace them with new stuff, you know?

shaneatzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @PatrickSchot, Zoom does not make this APK available to folks outside of our hardware partnership program.  I'll be happy to pass along your feedback to these vendors that you have this need.  As @StefanScherbik mentioned, it would also be a good idea to connect with your Logitech team to explore whether the RoomMate could fulfill your need in the future.  

Please mark 'accept as solution' if you're set with the above info.  Thanks for being an active community member!

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom