cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire TV Omni Cant connect to Video or Audio of the Webcam

SethLSAZTech
Listener

Hello,

Recently we setup a new office that has Fire TV Omni's and Logitech C920 webcams (As per recommended by amazon for compatibility to the TV's).

We have the Zoom app on the TV's but when going into a meeting or test meeting, the camera or microphones are not picked up.

In the settings, it shows the camera seen as an external camera but there is no video feed and the camera itself does not have the light on as it normally would when the video is being seen.

We have tried mix and matching cameras, uninstalling and reinstalling the zoom app.
The camera and microphone works in other apps, just not zoom.

We allow all permissions that it prompts for. Went into the Application settings and allowed Zoom to view and use the camera and microphone, nothing has worked.

The turn camera on or off is grayed out. 

Amazon states it is an issue with the Zoom app and to contact zoom support.
Any suggestions or modifications to the app I can make, so this works?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @SethLSAZTech talking with some of our internal hardware partners and the model number: AMZ_K24NE5_4K65M600A (SKU:4K65M600A) you sent over I did look up and found this on Amazon. Is that the correct FireTV we're trying to troubleshoot?

They said that the Amazon OMNI TV is in the same series as Amazon Fire TV. They also said that they have a privacy button at the bottom of the TV. Should be located around here based on the model number you've sent over: 

.png

00B0EF23-A8AA-4AE5-969C-3CFBFEAC193E.jpg

Let me know your findings! 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @SethLSAZTech welcome to the community! Its recommended to use the 55” Fire TV for the display. For the rest of the solution (mics/speakers/cameras/computer, suggest looking at Zoom Room appliances for conference rooms - Logi, Poly, Neat, etc. 

Fire TV is intended for home use cases. It can only be a Zoom for Home / Personal device. Heres a video around this as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUwuQEJ_kLw as this is technically a Zoom Room, it differs from your actual 'Zoom Meetings desktop client'; however, with this setup, you can still join Zoom Meetings. 🙂

Hope this helps! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hello,

I appreciate the reply.

The zoom app opens on the TV. The issue isn't joining a meeting or similar. It is being able to talk or be seen in the meetings. The camera and microphone do not activate in the Zoom app and only the Zoom app. All the other apps, the webcam and microphone work. 

For home or for an office, it doesn't work either way. 

Thank you!

Hey @SethLSAZTech gotcha  - thank you for this! Clears things up for me a bit. Do you mind sharing the specifics of the microphone and camera you're attempting to use with the FireTV Omni?

Is their anyway to check for Updates of the Software on Your Fire TVI also did see this Amazon Forum of this issue with microphone permissions (i know its not for camera but maybe some setting configuration thats in the same area?) but apparently was resolved back in October 18, 2022. Updating maybe do the trick. 

Here are also Suggested webcams for Fire TV Omni Series if you have any Logitech camera to test with. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hello,

The camera and microphone we are trying to use it the Logitech C920x HD Pro.

I did go into the update location for the TV and it currently states that it is up to date. 
Checked Zoom and just in case, I uninstalled zoom and reinstalled it to make sure it was the latest version. 

I also updated all the other apps and the FireTV store since they were available, but it was not the resolution.

Tried clearing data and cache for zoom before and after the reinstall.

Looking at the microphone thread, it suggests clearing the cache and data which, I did try. 

Maybe it is the API app integration with the TV?

Thank you!

@SethLSAZTech thank you for this! I've reached out internally to look into this further; I'll keep you updated.‌

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hello, 

Were you able to find any solutions or suggestions? 

Thank you!

Hi @SethLSAZTech! So I asked my internal colleagues if they could replicate the problem, and we couldn't.

However, there is a privacy button at the bottom of the TV (indicated by the arrow). This button must be activated before video streaming is enabled.

The LED light circled in RED indicates that it is functioning properly.

C9CE9499-AF86-46EF-AA14-C5E1CA1D89CF.jpg

Are you able to see the following above?  

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I appreciate the response.

Looking at the TV, I do not see a similar button. 
Looking around the TV, I do not have any buttons other than the power button on mine. 

It doesn't even have volume buttons. Makes me hope we never lose the remote.

I apologize but this unfortunately wasn't the same case for me. 

More information:

Fire TV Model: AMZ_K24NE5_4K65M600A

Hope this helps any

@SethLSAZTech haha - I have a similar TV (Roku) with no buttons, so I'm hoping I never lose that remote. Would you mind sharing the TV model number? Along with the exact firmware version your Omni is running as well? 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

@SethLSAZTech I see you've updated your re: with the model number.

Let me share this internally to see if we can get more information with this specific FireTV 🙂

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

You rock. Thank you!

Hey @SethLSAZTech talking with some of our internal hardware partners and the model number: AMZ_K24NE5_4K65M600A (SKU:4K65M600A) you sent over I did look up and found this on Amazon. Is that the correct FireTV we're trying to troubleshoot?

They said that the Amazon OMNI TV is in the same series as Amazon Fire TV. They also said that they have a privacy button at the bottom of the TV. Should be located around here based on the model number you've sent over: 

.png

00B0EF23-A8AA-4AE5-969C-3CFBFEAC193E.jpg

Let me know your findings! 🙂

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hello, technically this was the solution, though I tried this when I was onsite.
I spoke with a rep from amazon who was a dev that got to work with these TV's and he stated that if you flick it on and off 3 times, it resets the privacy mode as it is known that they get stuck.

This worked and now zoom can see the camera and microphone.

Thank you!