cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom video is dark and blurry

Skylarine
Listener

Hello, i've this problem since 12/08/21, my relatives zoom video become darker than usual, the device is samsung galaxy A71, here's the comparison of before and after image, i use the samsung galaxy camera apps to compare

Here the thing that i've tried :
1. Deleting zoom data and memory
2. Uninstalling zoom
3. Reset the videocalls effect setting to default

the normal video camera on samsung appsthe normal video camera on samsung appszoom video appszoom video apps

1 REPLY 1

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Skylerine! Welcome to the Zoom Community and thank you for your contribution! 

If you are still experiencing this issue I would suggest a force reboot of your device:

1. Press and hold the volume down button and the power key for 10 seconds.
       2. When the logo appears, release both keys and wait until the phone has finished rebooting. 

You will then want to check that the camera is working properly on its own and also with Zoom. If it is not working as you have mentioned, you will need to completely remove the Zoom app from your phone and reinstall it. 

1. Open the Google Play Store app Google Play.
  2. At the top right, tap the profile icon.
  3. Tap Manage apps & devices and then Manage.
  4. Tap the name of the app you want to delete and then Uninstall.
  5. Once it has been installed successfully launch the Play Store and reinstall
  6. Test Zoom video to see if it is working properly.

Taking these troubleshooting steps should fix the issue. However, if the issue persists, you may need to backup your important data and files, and then reset your phone. This should fix any app-related issues on your device but is the last option. 

Hope this helps! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?